Love spells can be performed at any time, but the new moon is an excellent phase for this type of spell. As the moon begins to get full (waxing), it is symbolic of increase and growth, which is an excellent time for you to attract, allow and accept that which you desire or need.
Following is a rather elaborate Love Spell for the New Moon.
Here are the ingredients you will need for your Love Spell.
Ground Cinnamon Powder
(for passion and to help speed things up)
4 Silver stickpins
(to place in candles)
or sharp pointed tool for marking the candles.
Extra candle to drip wax
An altar or safe place to do your magick
Below is the list of what to do:
1. This ritual will take 3 days to complete.
Burning candles are part of this ritual. Please use fire safety habits.
2. Gather all the items and place them before you.
3. Take 3 long, slow deep breaths. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Visually imagine that you are inhaling positive energy and exhaling negative energy. Relax. Clear your mind and prepare yourself for the magick.
This ritual is designed for attracting the right love for your life and not a specific person. Trust the Universe to know what is right for you. You cannot force someone to love you. Make sure your intentions are honorable. It is harmful to attempt to manipulate others according to your will and not their’s.
These Eight words the Rede fulfill:
“An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will.”
4. Think about love and what type of person you would like to manifest. Imagine how it would feel to be in love with someone that is in love with you, co-creating a healthy, loving relationship.
It is helpful to think about qualities such as good health, similar life goals, common interests, noble character, kindness, attractiveness, loyalty, like-minded spiritual beliefs, and anything else you would like to experience from your ideal love partner.
Close your eyes and feel the contentment and security that this relationship gives you.
5. Take the toothpick and carve symbols into the candles. Carve an X in the candle that represents the unknown person you would like to attract. Then carve the first initial of your name in the other candle, which represents you.
6. Mentally divide the candle into 3 horizontal sections. These sections will determine how far the candle will burn on each day of the three days. Using the toothpick, carve 2 little lines or marks that will divide the candle into 3 sections.
7. Put some of the ground cinnamon powder onto the paper plate. Roll both candles in the ground cinnamon powder. Rub it into the candles. Coat the candles.
8. Take the 4 pins and push 2 pins into each candle, placing 1 pin at each section that was carved by the toothpick earlier.
9. Put a few drops of water into one of the candle-holders.
10. Light the extra candle and drip wax into the candle-holder until there is enough to put the spell candle securely into the holder.
11. Make sure the spell candle is upright.
12. Repeat this process with the second spell candle.
13. Place the candles in a safe and special place where you can do this ritual undisturbed. Your candle goes on the left and the person to be attracted to you is on the right. Set them at least 3 inches apart as you will be moving them closer together on each day.
14. On day 1, preferably on the night of the New Moon, say the following:
(light your candle)
I send forth my words and name.
Then speak the following 3 times:
(Feel free to use these words or create your own in a similar fashion.)
Come to me lover sweet and dear
Come to me lover, I feel you near
Life to life and heart to heart
Love to love, may our lives together start.
Come to me, come to me, come to me now.
Come to me, come to me, come to me now.
- Sit calmly for a few minutes and again imagine what it would be like to have the perfect love relationship. Then go about your business while the candles burn.
- Allow the candle to burn to the first pins (one on each candle) and extinguish the flames. Do not blow the candle flame out, rather, pinch it out or snuff it out. Take out the first 2 pins.
15. On day 2, move the candles half the distance closer together. Light the candles and repeat the incantations from day 1. Allow the candles to burn to the second 2 pins and extinguish the flames. Take out the second 2 pins.
16. On day 3 bring the candles together and let them touch (or the candle-holders). Repeat the incantations. Allow the candles to burn completely out.
17. Take any remnants, if any, and toss them into a body of running water such as a canal, a river, or the ocean. Another method of disposal for love spell remains is to bury the remnants in your front yard or garden. If you live in an apartment, you can bury them in a plant that sits very near the front door. Discard the pins.
As you get rid of the leftovers from the spell, say
“This spell is now complete.
Go forth with unhindered purpose.”
You do not want to throw positive spell remnants into the trash because that method is symbolic of trashing the spell. You want the good spells to be sent to positive, active places.
The trash is okay for banishing spell remnants because you wish for the end of bad things.
I have a small rose garden in my front yard (I love my roses) and so I often bury positive spell remnants there.
The basic instructions for the above spell and other interesting articles can be found on Sandra Richardson’s blog. I have reworded some of this particular spell to make it a good fit for myself, and also to make certain things easier for those who may not be able to follow the original spell to the letter (pun intended). You are free to change whatever needs to be changed; just make sure you understand subtle consequences of changes.
This is an attraction spell which means everything about it should be positive and active.
A collection of acceptable methods for the disposal of spell remnants can be found at OldWorldWitchcraft.com.
The proper way to dismantle an old spell can be found at The Witch of Lupine Hollow.